Photography Credit: Lauren Junker Photography
Don’t judge the fact that this mama REALLY needs a pedicure. I barely find time these days to get get my hair out of the bun, yet alone take outfit pictures, but hey we’re trying here! 🙂
If there is a soft classic black dress AND it hides this leftover baby gut, you better believe I will own it! When I found this one at Loft I knew that was one of those dresses that will be in my closet until it has holes! This has pretty much been my go-to look lately when I need to “dress up” ha! Isn’t it funny how the term “dress up” changes SO much after having a baby? I can imagine this only gets worse when you have multiples. Props to all of you mama’s out there who still look so on point after kiddos! I am getting there though.. Slowly, but surely.
I have listed and linked all items below of my 5 “classics for spring” that, in my opinion, every mama needs in her closet!
- Classic Denim Jacket- If you don’t have one by now, get one. The one I am wearing is actually a few years old from Seven for all Mankind. I was highly turned on to all of their denim after working there because it is so soft and literally lasts for forever. A good classic jean jacket is worth the investment because they never go out of style. You can find a similar one here.
- Classic Black Dress – Come on.. can we really have enough of these? Especially one like this that is not too clingy. This one is also great if you are an expecting mama to be because it does stretch!
- Classic Black Sandals – I don’t know what it is, but I am the type of person who always buys brown sandals. I literally think I own brown sandals in every shade of brown or taupe you can imagine, but when it comes to having to wear black, I “never have anything to wear”. Even though I typically just wear a taupe sandal in replace of black, this spring I decided to bite the bullet and invest in this black pair of Tory Burch Miller flats. I have them in the taupe color and loved them so much that I just went for it and you should too!
- Classic Staple Necklace – I love a good simple gold necklace that you can wear everyday. I think I have went through a few of these in my lifetime and they either break or tarnish so I always have to replace it. When I came across this one, I loved it because it is 14K gold filled and great quality. I got it months ago and wear it all the time. So far, it hasn’t tarnished! 🙂
- Classic Black Backpack – Alright this one is actually old and I did get it on sale at Nordstrom Rack so I would highly recommend checking there first, but I found a similar adorable one here if you do want to invest in one. You guys, I am telling you, it’s amazing because it doubles as a baby bag AND, most importantly, it is SO light weight.
So there you have it, those are my 5 “classic staple pieces” that I think every mama needs in her life. And remember, all of these opinions are my own. I would love to hear what yours are in the comments! Thanks for reading! 🙂