We’re the family that lives for summer time and spending it outdoors at the pool. Seriously – laying out by the pool is a weekend ritual (when we aren’t traveling). And let me tell you.. I used to be the girl that would go through almost a bottle of oil in a sitting (yes I hate to admit that), but now that I am older, covered in sun spots + scary looking moles, have to see the dermatologist on the reg, and have a baby of my own, I am WAY more paranoid about the long-term effects. I have turned into the girl that goes through a bottle of sunscreen in a sitting.
Since it is the 4th of July next week and most of you will be outdoors (and not to mention the fact that it’s currently 100 degrees in Texas) I figured it was about time to do a roundup of my favorite summer products!
I have pictured above and linked all of our favorite items below and the reasons why you need all of these things in your life and why we love them so much! And the good news? You can find ALL of these on Amazon prime! Wahoo!
- Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen – My son has a very fair skin tone, as I’m sure many of you have seen. We have went through probably 30 different types of sunscreen because so many made him either break out, or made his skin turn red (almost as if it was sunburn) but it would happen immediately after applying. We FINALLY found our all time favorite one and it is seriously THE BEST! It’s so good that Drew and I both lather in it now and when we do we look like cast members of Twilight all day until we have to literally scrub it off in the shower. It does not come off on its own.
- St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse – This is my new favorite self tanner! I have tried TONS and I mean TONS and most make me turn orange. I am definitely the type of person who loves having a good tan and with this one, it looks as if I just laid out all day in the sun. It doesn’t make you look orange like some of them do. It is a mousse so if you get this applicator mitt that goes with it, it makes it so easy to apply and it’s streak free! SCORE!
- Neutrogena Beach Defense Body Spray Sunscreen – Okay because let’s be honest.. Sometimes we need to look cute at the pool and do not want to look like twilight cast members in our photos and lathering in the lotion we love above WILL do that. So we have this as a second alternative. We will spray this about 30 minutes before we head outside and it is definitely a good alternative to the lotion. Just don’t spray this on your babies face (even if you cover his eyes) I learned the hard way on this. I tried it and it did work, but when Brady got in the pool, it got all in his eyes and it was not a good situation!
- Stearns Infant Classic Series Vest- This is probably the most important one. We have tried SO many different life jackets, puddle jumpers and a few different types of floats and floaties with Brady. Simply put – He hates all of them. BUT, my siser-in-law has this one and told us about it. Most of the ones we have tried don’t really keep his head out of the water. Sure, if he fell in, it would keep him from going to the bottom, BUT it doesn’t really allow him to roll to his back or keep his head out of the water. This life Jacket does allow them to roll to the back and prevents their head from going under. We have it in route to us now from Amazon prime, so I will let you know how it goes, but my sister-in-law swears by this! I also found this article super helpful when researching life jackets.
- i play. Baby Boys’ Flap Sun Protection Swim Hat- Not gonna lie.. Brady will NOT wear a swim hat to save his life, but we did order this one a while back and it is amazing.. If only he would wear it. We have tried several different ones and I have come to the conclusion that if he won’t wear this one, he won’t wear any of them, because this one is SO light weight and so awesome. Dries so quick. If your toddler wears hats, I recommend getting this one and if you have any tips/tricks to make them wear one just go right ahead and leave those in the comments for me!
- Stride Rite Water Shoe – Another thing we tested over and over haha! We literally tried around 6 different styles until we found a pair from Target that he would actually wear in the pool without having a tantrum! And then guess what? They gave him blisters! So I did some research and asked around and evidently these Stride Rite ones are amazing. They will arrive tomorrow, so I will let you know how they are. They also come in a ton of different colors!
- Sunday Afternoons Women’s Riviera Hat – Because every mama needs a good floppy hat for the pool that also doubles as something to throw on with a cute basic tee and jeans when she doesn’t want to wash her hair. This one is a perfect combination for both of those and I LOVE it!
- RayBan Folding Wayfarer Square Sunglasses – I have had these exact glasses now for like 5 years at least and they are seriously SO good! They are polarized and the absolute best. 🙂 And I swear this style looks good on everyone – men and women!
- Maui Babe After Browning Lotion – This stuff is so good! I used to lather up in Maui Babe growing lotion to tan, but now I apply the after browning, after I am out in the sun and it holds your color all summer long!
- Women’s Floral Chiffon Kimono Cardigan Summer Beachwear Swimsuit Cover- Up- Every mama also needs a cute Kimono this summer because not only is it a swim cover up, but you can also throw it on with a tank top, jean shorts and a cute pair of sandals and have a cute summer outfit. I have seen a ton of pregnant women wear these and it is cute too if you are expecting!
I would love to hear what your summer must haves are! Let me know in the comments and as always, thank you all for reading!